The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Pacific Crest Trail: Soda Mountain Road to Boccard Point

November 4, 2018
~10.4 miles

I had the chance to go for a trail run on the PCT and a side trip to Boccard Point in the Cascade Siskiyou National Monument and Soda Mountain Wilderness. This route is described in William Sullivan's 100 Hikes in Oregon Book.



I started from the Powerline Trailhead off Soda Mountain Road on the PCT southbound.

It was a cloudy day and I expected rain.

There was some trail in the forest.

I went off trail a little to Little Pilot Peak for a great view.

The view from Little Pilot Peak was awesome.

Panorama from Little Pilot Peak



I left the PCT at a confusing junction and followed an old road to Boccard Point.



Boccard Point


I could see Little Pilot Rock.

Panorama from Boccard Point

The base of Mount Shasta was visible but its summit was in the clouds.



Little Pilot Rock

I turned around and headed back the way I came. This was a great adventure on the PCT. The views were great! Excited to have had the chance to complete another short section of the PCT. I didn't have time but there is also a great view at Soda Mountain itself and there is a lookout tower there.

No comments:

Post a Comment