The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Monday, May 11, 2020

Ashland Trails: Bandersnatch, Alice in Wonderland, Red Queen, Lewis Loop

September 30, 2018

I decided to go explore some trails near Ashland for a longer Sunday trail run. I completed trails as as described in William Sullivan's 100 Hikes in Oregon Book. This was my first time here and I had a little trouble understanding all the trails as there are many. I studied the guide book and figured out a loop option. In total I ran 9.25 miles with 2200 feet of elevation gain. My route followed the Bandersnatch Trail, then the Red Queen Trail, the Caterpillar Trail and I think the Lewis Loop. Then I came back on the Alice in Wonderland Trail, and returned on the Bandersnatch Trail. Many of the photos below, I don't recall which trail I was on, but it was a beautiful run.

I started from the southern end of Lithia Park.


I began on the Bandersnatch Trail.

The trails are designed excellently. In popular areas, there are specific trails for hiking and mountain biking.

There was a distant view through the trees.





I went past a trailhead and there were helpful maps.



There were some fall colors.



This is an awesome trail system right by Ashland. There are miles and miles of beautiful trail to be explored here. I really enjoyed my first run here.

No comments:

Post a Comment