The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

John Day, Oregon run

August 5, 2018

On the way to Medford, Oregon I decided to stop in John Day, Oregon as previously I had interviewed for a job at the local hospital. It is one of the biggest towns for miles around, but has a population of about 1700 people. My quick search didn't reveal any nearby trails, so I decided to run the road up to near the airport. I parked by SW Brent Drive and it was a pretty steep climb.

I started early in the morning as I had quite a bit of driving to make it to Medford. There was a deer staring at me beside the road.

There was nice scenery of the area.



The air was smoky in the distance.

I stopped to take a panorama near the top.

After a couple miles, I decided to turn around.

It was much faster descending. The total elevation gain was about 600 feet.


Near the bottom, I crossed  a small stream.

This was another quick morning run that was exciting to complete in a new area. In total I ran about 4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment