The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail

August 3, 2018

While driving to Oregon from Wyoming, I spent the night in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I had the chance to go for a scenic run in the morning on a portion of the Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail.

I started just south of John's Hole Bridge and crossed it and went north to Russ Freeman Park.

I could see the Snake River through some bushes.

It was a beautiful sunrise as smoke from wildfires made the sun quite large.

I returned south on the eastern side of the Snake River. There were nice reflections.


I crossed a bridge over the Snake River.

It was a scenic spot with waterfalls.

The sunrise was beautiful.

There was a nice reflection of a building.

And then a reflection of the sunrise itself.

In total I ran a little of four miles. It was a nice, quick run on my journey west. Sometimes by stopping to explore along the journey, we can find other opportunities for adventure are right beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment