The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wonderland Trail Day 5: Eagles Roost to Mystic Camp


Sunday, July 22, 2012
       Destination: Mystic Camp
Starting Location: Eagles Roost
Today's Miles: 12.40
Trip Miles: 83.40



Today was a good day.  Not too many miles and hiking up in the high country.  It was still cloudy most of the day and it began to rain in the afternoon.


Spray Falls

Next I climbed up into Spray Park. There were nice flowers, but the fog still clung to the area. For the most part I was able to stay on the trail. 


One time, I ended up on another trail that was taking me directly towards Rainier. The clouds cleared momentarily and I had a spectacular view. 

I decided that I should probably make my way to the correct trail. The east side was much steeper and I ended up just running down big snow fields. It was great fun! There were some tracks to follow but sometimes I just went my own way.After a long descent, I made it to Carbon River and crossed a big bridge.

 Then it started to rain again, but it wasn't as hard this time as before Longmire. I climbed up to Dick Creek where I took a little break and ate some food. There were some tents set up there, but I didn't see anyone. Then I was off to Mystic Lake. It was so foggy at the lake that I barely knew it was even there! I camped by some nice ladies who asked me about the snow conditions on the way to Sunrise. Unfortunately that was the only section of trail the I was yet to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment