The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wonderland Trail Day 4: N. Puyallup to Eagles Roost

Saturday, July 21, 2012
       Destination: Eagles Roost
Starting Location: North Puyallup
Today's Miles: 16.50
Trip Miles: 71.00

Today was another beautiful day in the clouds! While there was no rain, I probably missed out on a few nice views.  All the more reason to return!

Campsite near North Puyallup

I began by going to Golden Lakes. It was a nice climb and the forest was so green everywhere! The lakes looked great and I took the time to stop and eat some food!

Golden Lakes
  From Golden Lakes I climbed up a little more then descended all the way to the Mowich River. I passed a man who told me that the bridge was out there and that people were turning back. He said it was a relatively easy crossing.
Mowich River

Once there, I saw a NPS worker already there working on the bridge. I could barely hear him over the water but he said that it was going to be awhile. I told him that I would just find a spot to cross myself and that's just what I did. I found a spot with some big rocks that I used to help me resist the current and just walked right across. There current was pretty swift but my trekking poles gave me good stability.
From there I headed towards Mowich Lake, however, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there or if I wanted to try the Spray Park alternate route as I had originally planned. When I came to the junction, I met some day hikers who told me the it was beautiful and that they had done it last year. So I decided to go camp at Eagle's Roost. I passed many more day hikers on the way, even one man who plans to hike the whole trail with his son next summer! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment