The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Rogue River Trail: run Grave Creek to Whisky Creek

December 2, 2018
6.88 miles

I had the chance to run part of the famous Rogue River Trail.  The trail goes for about 40 miles, but I went for an out and back run from the Grave Creek Boat Launch.


I started from the trail's eastern trailhead at Grave Creek.

The views were quickly dramatic of the river canyon.


There were small waterfalls beside the trail.

I went down near the river.


There was a nice reflection in the river.



In some places the trail is built right into the cliffside.

Almost back to the parking lot.

This was a quick sample of the Rogue River Trail. I was able to return in 2019 and backpack the entire trail. It is a spectacular trail, one of the finest in Southern Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment