The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Pacific Crest Trail: Mount Ashland Meadows

November 11, 2018
10.84 miles

I had the chance to go for a beautiful trail run on the Pacific Crest Trail near Mount Ashland. This route is described in William Sullivan's 100 Hikes in Southern Oregon book. I added some extra PCT miles to his described route.

I started from the Pacific Crest Trailhead and started east/northbound on the PCT for a couple miles.




There were some large trees and an impressive PCT sign as I started.

I could see Mount Shasta through the trees.

Pilot Rock was also visible.

After a couple miles I turned around and started climbing the 700 feet or so back to the trailhead.

Back at the trailhead, there were several other cars parked.

The trails went past beautiful meadows with great views.

Mount Shasta

Looking up to Mount Ashland

Earlier in the year, there are probably lots of flowers in this area.



I turned around at Grouse Gap.

It was a pleasant run back to the trailhead.


This was another great run on the PCT. The trail was in great condition. I really enjoyed the views of Mount Shasta.

1 comment: