The map below shows hikes that I have posted. Double click to zoom in on an area. Click on a hiker icon to discover great hikes! Red stars indicate long distance hikes.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Collings Mountain, Oregon

November 17, 2018
8 miles roundtrip to summit

Collings Mountain's trail is mainly forested, but there is the opportunity to see a Bigfoot Trap and maybe Bigfoot will be in it. I hiked the trail to the summit and back, but it continues another 2.9 miles to Watkins Campground. It would be possible to make a loop using the trail by Applegate Lake.

I parked a short distance down the road from the small trailhead.

Bigfoot is on the sign.

The trail starts in the forest.

I passed a few other hikers heading back to the trailhead.

There was a bridge over a dry creek.

I decided to check out the Bigfoot Trap on the way back. The trail climbed steadily.

 There were occasional views to the northwest.

That might be Applegate Lake down below, but I don't remember.










Collings Mountain Summit

The view was mainly in the trees, but it was still nice to make it to the top.

There was a rock that I scrambled up and the moon was visible in the sky.





There was evening light as I descended back the way I came.


There was a short side trail to the Bigfoot Trap. The trap was down but I didn't see Bigfoot inside.


Soon I was back at Applegate Lake.

Applegate Lake


Collings Mountain was a nice trail and the Bigfoot Trap was interesting. While it doesn't offer spectacular views, it is a peaceful walk and open almost the entire year.

No comments:

Post a Comment